Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Don't Act Like You Know ME!!!

I find myself often saying don't act like you know me and this is my way of saying don't judge me. Usually i say it jokingly but there is a very serious aspect to that statement that Ed was talking about tonight, especially if you use that attitude when being Admonished.  I think whenever a brother or sister in Christ comes to us with a concern about the way our life is being lived or how we are throwing the name of Jesus Christ around we should take it to heart or at least give it some time and think through what they are saying to us and try and look at it from a different perspective.  I know that when you are the admonishee(Person being admonished) that is a hard thing to do is to look at what is going on positively.  The first response is that of being defensive, I think it is our instinct to assume that whatever we are doing is right and everybody else is wrong, even though for me that is rarely the case.  I also think that admonishing others is such an important think for growth in our relationships with Christ.  I think God will often times show us things that we can not see when looking through our own biased perspective that it really takes someone else who cares about us looking at what is going on 

  Ed really hit this "Don't act like you know me" or "Don't judge me" Attitude that an admonishee will often take and I really think it is important thing to talk about.  I think it is so crucial when getting admonished to try and view things from a different perspective than just your own and really spend some time thinking about it.  Especially if you get angry about it, just like Ed said for himself, I also do the same thing where if I really do get angry about it it usually is something that is dead on.  

1 comment:

  1. Intereѕting blog! Is yοur theme
    custom made or did you downloaԁ it from somewheгe?

    Α themе lіkе yοurs with
    а few simple tweeks wοulԁ гeally make my blog jump out.
    Please let me know where you got your desіgn. Thanks a lot

    Alsο visit my web blοg - earn money uploading videos

    ReplyDelete